Warehouse and Materials Management
Purchase of raw materials is an integral part of any business, i.e. manufacturing organization or service organization. Purpose of raw material is to be converted into finished goods for selling, but after purchase and before selling, they need to keep in safety and good care. The timeframe of storage can be short period or longer depending upon nature and requirement of materials.
Any damage or theft to the materials is going to increase cost to the organization. So it becomes important for organization to have a robust and effective warehouse as well as material’s management.
INDUCTION REGISTRATION FORM
At the end of the training programme, the Institute will issue the following Certificates to all successful applicants:
- Diploma in Stores and Materials Management (See Samples)
- Associate Membership of Chartered Institute of Warehousing and Materials Management
Please note that your membership Certificate can be verified from www.cism-ng.org
E-BOOK / STUDY MATERIAL
7 Advantages of Being A Corp Member
1. Driving without a License
2. You are Known, not Anonymous
3. Federal Immunity
4. Respect and Recognition
6. It Makes Nigerian Youths Tougher
7. Unification, Socialization, Networking
Typical responsibilities of the job include:
- Processing orders
- Operating mechanical and IT systems
- Liaising with customers and other departments
- Training, supervising and appraising staff
- Maintaining statistical and financial records
- Ensuring that quality objectives and delivery deadlines are met
- Managing budgets
- Edministering stock control
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
There are three general ways in which goods are stocked as to reduce material handling and increase prompt access. They are as follows:
Fixed position in which specific area is located where designated goods are stored. If the designated goods are not there, that space will remain empty. Fixed position encourages easy and traceable access to the goods.
Random Storage in which goods are stored where ever space is available. Here maximum utilization of the space is achieved.
Categorized fixed location in which particular set of products are placed randomly in the allotted space.